Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wednesday Oct . 22

1. I think that one of the main points in this story is how companies use their store fronts to attract customers. I thought it was interesting how different stores try to convey a different specific message to their customers and how people usually understand the gist of this message as soon as they see it. I have read some works from Malcolm Gladwell and I know his theories about snap decisions; decisions that are made in persons subconscious even before they realize it. I think that the second a person sees a store front he or she decides whether they will go in or not.

2. I like being in stores where I can try out the product. For instance, the Apple Store has all their products out on display so that any potential customers can try their products. I think that this is a great idea because it gives people their own opinion about their product and I have something to do when I am bored in the mall. The Apple Store is also easy to navigate, for the most part. Their products are arrainged well and everything is easy to find. If you need help there is usually someone that can help you. I dislike retail stores such as Diesel where there is loud music a confusing layout and very little service.

3. A good checklist would be a store that can be noticed easily. I also think that a store should have good floor plans. For instance, if it was a clothing store, the men's section should be seperated from the women's section and people must be able to distinguish the two.

No comments: