Tuesday, November 4, 2008

November 5

1. I thought that Downtown Kalamazoo was a very nice area. There was a variety of of stores that sold different things. One store that I had some interest in was the sports store, Gazelles. Another thing that I liked about Downtown Kalamazoo was the size of the sidewalks and the bricks that were laid out. The area was a very clean place and there was a police station nearby, this made the area feel like a very safe place.
2. I would try to renovate the whole area completely, I still noticed buildings that looked unattractive. For instance, some buildings that were in the alleyways had bags of trash out in front, things like that. Another thing that I thought could be improved was the seating in the area. All the tables and benches seemed to be concentrated in one area, I think it would be more beneficial if everything was spread out. Another thing that I would enjoy would be more street vendors. I thought things like hot dog stands and such would add to the downtown appeal. I only saw one hot dog stand in the area.
3. "A pawnshop that once lent a vaguely disreputable air to the neighborhood" I thought this quote relates to Downtown Kalamazoo because I noticed a liquor store that seemed like it took away some appeal from the otherwise nice area.

No comments: